At times, hard work is more important than talent or education or powerful friends. But working frantically on only your favorite tasks can become a trap. Even if you spend 80 percent of your time on your top priorities, what may set you apart from the competition is the smart way you allocate the other 20 percent of your hard work.
So things are tough at work? These 5 strategies can help. Most of us have periods of misery, when it seems like our careers are caught in a downward spiral. Sometimes the trigger is big and in-your-face, like the arrival…
A striking example of someone whose thriving career is supported by her favorite free time activity is work and finance expert Kerry Hannon. We may not have an interest that we enjoy with the intensity that Kerry adores riding. But we each have the potential to find a few entertaining weekend pastimes that can transform the attitude we take to work on Monday.
Whatever your job, providing effective customer service is the way you leverage the full value of all your hard work. And good customer service starts with listening to the people you serve, including your bosses and colleagues.
People with a positive and balanced perception of time tend to be effective performers in the workplace. And simply noticing ways that you focus on the continuum of time – yesterday, today and tomorrow – can make you more productive.
Whether you’re joining a different organization or changing slots in the same outfit, you can ease your entry into a new position by creating a plan that reflects basic principles of workplace success.
Speeches are shorter and the audience of today is much more visually oriented. And, for better or worse, the younger the audience the more they expect an element of ‘entertainment’.
In work, as in life, things usually are either getting better or getting worse. Nothing stays the same for long. So when things are going well, savvy careerists don’t just sit back and let the good times roll.
If you want New Year’s Resolutions that make a difference these simple tips can help.
Just how do some celebrities, business leaders and others rise to the very top of their chosen fields? The authors of “They Art of Doing” say super achievers share key traits and practices.